FAQ about black beach tours Iceland
Some answers to questions that we frequently get and might help you – if you have additional questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
What are your opening hours?
- Mondays to Saturdays: 9am to 6pm
- Sundays: 12am to 6pm
What gear is provided for the Rib Boat Tour?
- Every passenger gets a float suit and life jacket.
What gear is provided for the ATV Tour?
- Every guest gets a warm suit and helmet
What to wear during a Rib Boat or ATV tour?
- Comfortable shoes, not high heels or sandals
- Good to have gloves and hat
Do I need a drivers licence to operate an ATV?
- Yes you need to provide a valid international driving licence from your home country
Do I need experience to drive an ATV?
- No it is really simple to drive an ATV you only need a valid international driving licence
Can children go on Rib Boat or ATV tours?
- Minimum age for Rib Boat tours is 5 years old
- Minimum age for ATV tours is 12 years of age
- Children under 12 years of age need to be accompanied by parents or guardians
What about safety?
- Prior to every tour with Black Beach Tours we go through the safety issues in regards to the trip
- We provide all guests with necessary safety equipment
- All our captains aboard the Rib boats are fully licenced and guides in Rib boats and ATV tours have undergone safety training
Can I bring a camera with me on the tours?
- Yes you can bring a camera both on our Rib boat tours and ATV tours
Do you pick us up from our hotel
- Unfortunately we do not have a pick up service but if you have a large group we can arrange a pick-up for you in collaboration with a bus company
Where are you located?
- Black Beach Tours is in Þorlákshöfn, Hafnarskeið 17
- Only about 50 km from Reykjavik City Center
How is your cancellation policy?
- If we need to cancel a tour because of minimum passengers haven’t been reached or the weather is bad we first try to arrange for you to go on another trip or if that is not possible we refund you completely
- When you cancel 7 days before the event or less the cancellation fee is 3%
- If you cancel 2-6 days prior to the event we refund you 50%
- If you are a no show or cancel 1 day before event or less we can not refund you at all
What are your terms and conditions?
You can read all about them here.